Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Delayed On The Plane

5:30PM EST 6/30/2009 in Providence, RI
I am now on the plane to Philly. Well actually on the ground waiting for a departure slot. Due to thunderstorms in Philly, all planes to and from there are grounded. Our plane was originally supposed to leave at 3:45, but now it's 5:30 and we're still stuck in Providence. Chances are, we'll have to take a plane from Philly to Munich, then Zurich. We may even need to stay overnight. I'm going to stop now and pray that we'll leave soon.

I don't have Internet at the time of writing this, but I will post it as soon as I have access.

Update 1:
5:50PM EST 6/30/09 in Providence, RI

Our captain has just issued another wait time. Now at 5:50, we'll be getting an "update" at 6:30. If we left on time, we'd be on our way to Zurich now. Maybe since all Philly flights were delayed, maybe ours to Zurich was too. I'll write again as soon as possible.

Update 2:
6:25PM EST 6/30/09 in Connecticut Airspace

We're finally in the air, and it's 6:25. The pilots say we'll be in Philly at around 7:05. I'll write then.

Update 3: 
8:00PM EST in Philadelphia, PA

It's 8:00PM now and it's been hectic. I am now in Philly, sitting in a plane bound for Frankfurt, Germany. From there we'll be able to catch a flight to Zurich. We rushed throuh the very large airport and a very nice guy was able to get us on a flight to Germany at the last minute.   
It'll now be a long, 8-hour flight across the Atlantic and I'll write if anything interesting happens.

Update 4: 
7:20 GMT+1 7/1/09 in Zurich, Switzerland

I am in a hotel bed in Zurich, and it's been a long day. When we landed in Frankfurt at around noon, I was too airsick go write. From Frankfurt, we took a half-hour flight to Zurich, and then took a train to our hotel. This ends my first entry. My second entry will be what I dId in Zurich today.

Sent from my iPod

No comments: