Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Mall and The Movies


Yesterday was also once again, a very exciting and interesting day. It consisted mostly of visiting a new mall/shopping center in Bydgoszcz. First, we went and browsed the mall. There were many stores, covering all sorts of things from jeans to Xbox 360s. We even saw a MacBook Air. The only problem with this place is the price of everything. Regular Jeans for $125, socks for $40, coffe for $10 a cup, an Xbox Game for $120 (double than in US), a laptop for $2800, ketchup packets for $1 a piece. It was just ridiculous. We had lunch at a Burger King, the most expensive one I've seen in my life to be exact. After browsing the mall, which still was pretty interesting, we decided to watch a movie at the theater, for $10 a ticket (I know Wow..). We watched Indiana Jones and The Crystal Skull, in English (yes!!), with Polish subtitles. I have to say it was an amazing movie, and one of my favorites too. The movie theater was also very comfortable, with soft plush seats (all they need is a recliner). After the movie, we left the mall, and I have to say, that was the closest I've been to America in Poland (besides the prices). On the way home, we stopped by at the basilica in Bydgoszcz, the biggest church in Bydgoszcz, and it was an incredible piece of architecture. The inside resembled Rome's Pantheon, except the hole on top was covered. It was recently granted the basilica status in the year 2000, after being renovated. I have to say, it deserves its status. After taking a bus ride home, we did nothing else, other than dinner. The next day, or today, is simply me staying home all day, while my dad picks up my mom & brother at the airport (the Warsaw one), who arrived today in Poland. They will be joining us in our trip around Poland and Europe. I'm just sitting here now, patiently waiting for their arrival. I'll write here again tomorrow.

Don't forget to check out the picture album of my trip to Poland & Europe at Picasa.

No comments: